Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get firmware for rfgw1

Hello experts,

how can I access firmware releases for the rfgw1?

regards,

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Michael,

03.10.08 is a proven release.  Many many sites around the world use this release even after two or more years.

If you are running 03.01.08 you are not using PowerKet encryption which is available without external devices for the RFGW1.

We have also enabled the RFGW1 to run 96 channels with proper licensing.

Most releases in the past two years have been for specialized applications generally assoicated with Encryption or data.

Most SDV applications today run 3.1.8 except again for some very special instances.

I would wait till mid October for the release of 6.1.0.  Again this release will take the place / and incorporate all previous release features and several new features.

If you are having a specific problem with your current code that must be resolved immediately please let me know.

Thank you    RON HANSON   RFGW1 support    ronhanso@cisco.com

If you would like to contact me directly by phone for specific questions or discussion  please call me at 678-277-1226.

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

ronhanso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michael,

Please let me know which version of firmware you are looking for and I will be happy to send. 

The current releases are also on Cisco.com.

Please be advised that 6.1.0 (ajax working name) will be released early to mid October.  6.1.0 will roll all current released code versions into one.  6.1.0 and its' future updates will be the only code release moving forward.

I could send this to you as soon as it is released in the next few weeks.

Thank you

Ron Hanson

RFGW1 Support

ronhanso@cisco.com

Hi Ron,

we are running the rfgw1's release 03.01.08.

I can't find the current release information on cisco.com, which releases are available and which one do you prefer or advice to use?

regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

03.10.08 is a proven release.  Many many sites around the world use this release even after two or more years.

If you are running 03.01.08 you are not using PowerKet encryption which is available without external devices for the RFGW1.

We have also enabled the RFGW1 to run 96 channels with proper licensing.

Most releases in the past two years have been for specialized applications generally assoicated with Encryption or data.

Most SDV applications today run 3.1.8 except again for some very special instances.

I would wait till mid October for the release of 6.1.0.  Again this release will take the place / and incorporate all previous release features and several new features.

If you are having a specific problem with your current code that must be resolved immediately please let me know.

Thank you    RON HANSON   RFGW1 support    ronhanso@cisco.com

If you would like to contact me directly by phone for specific questions or discussion  please call me at 678-277-1226.

Hi Ron,

thanks for the information.

Can you please send me the release 03.10.08 and 03.01.08, we have to upgrade our spare part?

regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Size of the zip file for 03.01.08 is about 14 Meg.  IF your email will take a file that size = I will email.

Please send email address.

Otherwise, I will arrange to put up on FTP site.

Thanks   RON HANSON   ronhanso@cisco.com  678-277-1227

Hi Ron

How is it possible to run 96 channels on a rfgw1? I have in mind, that 48 channels (6x8) is the maximum...

cheers,

michel

Hi Michel,

YES  the RFGW1 will run 96 channels.  You will need to purchase a license for 96 channels   Contact your CISOC Sales representative.

Also, if you are using PowerKey, DVB scrambling or data  you will need a total of TWO each, licenses for the scrambling or data mode to run 96 channels. Only one 96 channel license is needed for any mode. And only one 96 channel license is needed to run in video broadcast mode.

Thank you  RON HANSON

Hi Ron

Yes, i was missing, that RFGW1 had 6 card with *12* physical ports and not only *6* :-/

We're quite happy to see, that all goes into a common software release train now... ;-)

cheers,

michel

Hi Michel,

Yes  4 RF carriers per port in 48 channel mode  4x12 = 48      and 8 carriers per port in 96 channel mode.

Please let me know if you have any thing else I can help with.

Cordially   RON HANSON

CHRIS HAMMER
Level 1
Level 1

Has the 6.1.0 been released for GA?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi Chris,

6.1.0 has not been released as yet.  Please check with me again 12/1   Thanks RON

Hi Ronald ,

I need 6.1.0 to resolve snmp cause rfgw1 crash bug on 3.1.8 version.

The release of 6.1.0 was delayed from November.  Release now slated for early to mid Januaray because of the CISCO end of year shutdown.  There is a remote possibility it could be released before the shutdown which begins at 5pm on Friday DEC 21st and ends Wednesday JAN 3rd.

I would say contact me again perhaps Thursday DEC 20th and I can give you more information.

RON

Hi-

I stumbled onto this thread while searching for software for the RFGW-1. It seems like the RFGW-1 is completely missing from the download area. I have a spare currently running 1.02.09 which I'd like to bring up to 3.01.08 (or 6.1.0 if that's available now). However, it does not look like this can be a one step upgrade. According to the release notes I've found, I'll need to go through 1.02.19 then 1.02.20 as bridge releases before moving to any higher version. How can I find all of these required releases to get my RFGW-1 up to 3.01.08 or 6.1.0?

Thanks.

-Jamie