Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS per Vlan on Trunk port

Florin Barhala
Level 6
Level 6

Hi guys,

I was requested to do a limitation (policing) on a trunk port transporting couple of Vlans for each Vlan at a time.

The ISP connects to my port equipment and "gives me" 3 Vlans; then I transport these vlans to another port (same equipment) and I send them all to the client. They asked me to limit:

- vlan 100 up to 24 Mbps

- vlan 104 up to 5 Mbps

- vlan 119 up to 7 Mbps

The involved equipment is a 3750G but if requested I can move the client to another appliance. They requested this as the ISP offers only a global limitation of 40Mbps for the entire trunk and they need this more granulary.

2 Replies 2

Florin Barhala
Level 6
Level 6

Any thoughts guys?

Hi,

if on your 3750 you have SVIs you can apply hierarchical policy-maps to them.

But as I seem to understand you only have the L2 trunk carrying the vlans, so you cannot use 'match vlan' statement on your policies.

You might use classes matching ACLs which specify the IP ranges of your vlans and apply policers to them.

Examples are here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_58_se/configuration/guide/swqos.html#wp1322872

regards,

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: