Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3850 switches Data Stack

Hello everyone,

I want to add one more ws-c3850-48t in already stacked switches of ws-c3850-48P.

just confirm now switch not POE so it will be stack or not. and current switch stack user interrupt?

Thanku.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Make sure the switch you are trying to add is running the same version of IOS-XE and in the same BUNDLE/ INSTALL mode as the rest of the stack. It is also good practice to pre-provision the switch:

!
switch x provision ws-c3850-48t
!

It may be prudent at this time to configure your switch priority values. You should select the stack master to be the switch which does not connect the uplink:

!
switch x priority 15
!

Following these steps should ensure there is no disruption to user services.

It does not matter that the switch you are adding does not support PoE.

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

Hi there,

Configuring a stack such that the master switch doesn't not connect an uplink is only guidance.

If you can schedule the work in a change window, then yes removing the port-channel member from the master switch and configuring it on switch3 would be ideal. You can do this before or after switch3 has joined the stack.

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Make sure the switch you are trying to add is running the same version of IOS-XE and in the same BUNDLE/ INSTALL mode as the rest of the stack. It is also good practice to pre-provision the switch:

!
switch x provision ws-c3850-48t
!

It may be prudent at this time to configure your switch priority values. You should select the stack master to be the switch which does not connect the uplink:

!
switch x priority 15
!

Following these steps should ensure there is no disruption to user services.

It does not matter that the switch you are adding does not support PoE.

cheers,

Seb.

first, thank you sab for helping me.

in my case, i already have two switches stack and both switches have uplink work as EtherChannel, now I am going to add the third switch in the existing stack, so before adding new switch should i disable uplink port of master switch???

Hi there,

Configuring a stack such that the master switch doesn't not connect an uplink is only guidance.

If you can schedule the work in a change window, then yes removing the port-channel member from the master switch and configuring it on switch3 would be ideal. You can do this before or after switch3 has joined the stack.

cheers,

Seb.