cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Facebook Wifi

cpetitclerc73
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco DPC3848V router from Shaw (My Internet provider) and is a residential internet account.

I do not want to switch to a business account with my internet provider as that costs more per month, however I want to allow guests in my home to log into my guest wifi using their Facebook account. 

How can I accomplish this using this Cisco router model? Can I bridge to a different router that supports Facebook WIFI and/or splash pages?  Is there a website to direct guests to accomplish this or what options are there using this router? As far as I can tell this Cisco model does not support Facebook WIFI for business or splash pages (A page that you go to when visiting a business and want to use their wifi for free) but I could be wrong. Any help would be appreciated. 

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to integrate with Facebook, you need to have backend ISE / Radius kind of infrastructure to support this.

and you need to register with a Facebook development account as a business user. if this is simple home setup, ( i would suggest staying away from that concept)

rather create a new SSID and use your own Login self-register account for your users.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for your reply.

Basically we host guests on Airbnb and want our guests to check in with our Facebook business page “Calgary Home Stays” to get our free wifi do we can brand ourselves. 

I am set up already on Facebook and have a Facebook business page but just need a router to use that supports Facebook Wifi. I have been trying to configure this router model with no success so far to use Facebook wifi.  

The cheapest and good solution i think of your kind of business is Meraki - it's good for these kinds of environment, you do not require high-level setup like enterprise network.

here is the video how to setup :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hohB1AGOvec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Nwr8kGl5I

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

We walk you through how to configure your Meraki MR series wireless access points to optionally allow your users to log into your guest WiFi network via a Facebook check-in. This is a nice way to get a little push on the social media-front when providing wireless guest internet access. For more ...