cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What to do with Cisco Community email that has no content

techcoora
Level 1
Level 1

Have no idea where to post the following.

I am constantly receiving emails from Cisco Community that have nothing to respond to. 

From Cisco Community <ciscocommunity-donotreply@cisco.com>

Did you get the answer you needed?

Cisco Community

Hello ${notification.message.discussion.topicMessage.author.login},

Your topic recently received a reply .

Topic: ${notification.message.discussion.topicMessage.subject}
Date: ${notification.threadFormattedDate}

Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the reply and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!

Click here also has the link ${notification.message.webUi.url}

How would I get these emails stopped?

3 Replies 3

Commerce
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new this community, so I'm certainly not an expert on the inner workings of how the good people of lithium.com (who appear to be the senders of these messages on behalf of Cisco). I have experienced what you have.

As such, although the message appears broken, in that it looks like some substitutions in the ${this.gets.substituted.before.the.email.is.sent} style replacement variables don't seem to be getting replaced with actual values, you'd probably not want to stop the emails in any case, as I gather they are sent to tell you that somebody has responded to your message here in this community. 

In the case of my post, nobody has actually responded, but perhaps these messages are also issued soon after a post is made (perhaps to more immediately confirm a poster's email address as being deliverable for quality/tracking/analytics needs) or I guess it could be an email message firing bug.

In any case, chin up, they are probably useful (if not perhaps in need of some fixing for variable substitution and/or message fire timing) and remember it looks you always have the ability to stop messaging down to thread topic level granularity.  See the link at the very bottom titled: "manage your subscription and notification settings" (which should take you to an https://community.cisco.com url) for more on that.  Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I had forgotten about this post. Those messages have stop for now. No, do not plan to stop emails as I might miss something important. 

richardroth
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah so back in the days when I was working on web development and looking for a professional way to store database password for a site i was building back then, I signed for the community and they would send me many of those.