DHCP assignment over Wireless

Suresh Varghese
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Issue

My end-points in LAN are not able to get DHCP address from thenew DHCP server

Scenario

I have 2 DHCP servers on my LAN, i have configured 2 IP helper address statements on the gateway switch pointing to the 2 DHCP servers along with smart-relay command. Subnet 1 (currently running) scope is able to provide IP's to the clients both thru LAN & wireless, works fine and there is no problem.

Configured a new DHCP server with new subnet scope, if i assign an IP statically to the end-points both on LAN & wireless but when i configure it for DHCP assignement it does not take an IP from the new subnet even if the old scope is full.

NOTE - I have 2 WLC (AIR-WLC2125-K9) configured for HA mode

commands that i have configured configured on my network

vlan 1 on Gateway Switch

ip helper-address x.x.x.x

ip helper address y.y.y.y              

ip dhcp smart-relay

Wireless Controller 2125 (both the controllers)

Login --> Controller Tab -- AP-Manager Interface -- DHCP Information -- DHCP Primary -- x.x.x.x

Login --> Controller Tab -- AP-Manager Interface -- DHCP Information -- DHCP Secondary -- y.y.y.y

Appreciate if someone could put some light into this for, many thanks for the support in advacne.

regards

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is a duplicate post on the Getting Started with Wireles. No need to post a question to multiple Mobility forums.... since we look at all of them:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes i did it there first and then thought i was in the wrong section so posted it here agin.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card