cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 7 Clients Not Working With Web-Auth

Jay233
Level 1
Level 1

I am using 5508 controllers, configured for WEB-AUTH passthrough, Windows XP clients work fine but Windows 7 clients are hit and miss getting redirected to the splash screen.

The login page is customised showing T's & C's with two buttons Except or Reject.

Do I need to Pre-Auth with ACL's? Has anyone had similar issues, or any good doc's etc.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Jay

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you check the web browser ? is it the same on XP an 7 ?

Just for testing, can you try Chrome or Firefox ?

It may be a browser issue rather than an OS issue

View solution in original post

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well in order to get the Webauth page, the user's homepage can't be a secure page... Https. I have many installs with guest Webauth and no issues at all. The only thing is depending on your java script, sometimes an active x Erving appears in which they have to accept before the accept button works.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you check the web browser ? is it the same on XP an 7 ?

Just for testing, can you try Chrome or Firefox ?

It may be a browser issue rather than an OS issue

Nicolas,

Many thanks for your relpy, the problem is that this is a guest network that's also avalable to the public and I dont have any control over the end clients.

After doing a quick search on the net I found this.

NCSI : Uses a combination of DNS and/or HTTP look ups to tell if you are connected to the Internet. The way NCSI does this is either via a HTTP request for http://www.msftncsi.com/ncsi.txt or a DNS look up for dns.msftncsi.com that resovles to 131.107.255.255.

NCSI does this whether you are logged on or not.

Do I need to Create a Preauthentication ACL on the Guest WLAN interface:-

Configure a preauthentication ACL on the WLAN to allow wireless clients to allow:-

1.       Permit DNS resolution (UDP/53) to 213.199.181.90

2.       Permit TCP port 80 to 131.107.255.255

Jay

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well in order to get the Webauth page, the user's homepage can't be a secure page... Https. I have many installs with guest Webauth and no issues at all. The only thing is depending on your java script, sometimes an active x Erving appears in which they have to accept before the accept button works.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card