Views
Helpful
Replies

Camera 2500: False Motion Detection every 60 sec

warichet.r
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've 2x2500 camera, both exibit the same behaviour: every 60 sec, there is a kind of refresh of the image, the pictures becomes slightly blue for 0.5sec.

This behaviour is very anoying as it triggers false Motion Detection.

Camera 1 is monitoring a front door in a hall at 3.5m, hence the sensitivity for the Motion Detection feature is very low (almost null), and the "refresh" doesn't trigger a false Motion Detection. Works fine.

Camera 2 is monitoring an acces way at a distance, the sensitivity has to be set-up at 3/4 of the range to trigger a real motion, but this triggers also false Motion Detection at each "refresh". The "refresh" occurs exactly every 60 sec, so I thought a parameter might have the wrong setup, but tried all I could reasonably do.

Lately, I've upgraded the FW to 2.4, lo luck

Any hint, please ?

Raymond

3 Replies 3

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Raymond,

Please post your question at the following page. The 2500 is not a Small Business camera.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/security/physical-security

Hi Raymond,

I moved your discussion into the area that Martin suggested so that you don't have to repost.

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

warichet.r
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Anyone having a 2500 camera ? preferably in Europe (PAL/50HZ)

If yes, could you watch the picture for a minute or two, please, and see if there is a kind of "blue refresh" every 60 sec ?

I'd like to determine if the problem is specific to all 2500 (generic) or has to do with my particular installation setup (specific).

Both cameras are identical (Ethernet cable, no Wi-Fi), fed from PoE on same switch, parameters are almost the same. Difficult to start some troubleshooting.