Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ASA 5505 freezing

Hello Guys, I have a CISCO ASA 5505 for my home lab. I accidentally deleted the software. But fortunately I have the IOS .
I did a TFTP on ROMMON Mode and could manage to load the software on the ASA but it stuck as below. Waited for more than 30mins but no chance. I even changed the Compact Flash, still same.
would appreciate if someone could give me an idea how to recover it back

Thanks in advance.

.................................................................................................................

Copyright (c) 1996-2011 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Restricted Rights Legend

Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is
subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph
(c) of the Commercial Computer Software - Restricted
Rights clause at FAR sec. 52.227-19 and subparagraph
(c) (1) (ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer
Software clause at DFARS sec. 252.227-7013.

Cisco Systems, Inc.
170 West Tasman Drive
San Jose, California 95134-1706

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like the one you loaded OS may be corrupted, get another copy from Google and try

Post complete output from boot to loading image ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for reverting back to me.
I Tried several OS: asa924-10-k8.bin , asa805-k8.bin but still having same issue.

find attached txt file.

we do not see that attachment check and post, is this document cover complete boot.

BB

Appologize, please find attached .txt file

I see couple of issue, not sure which can solve your issue, so follow below thread and procedure to fix (if you can)

mount: mounting /dev/hda1 on /mnt/disk0 failed: No such file or directory
mount: mounting /dev/hda1 on /mnt/disk0 failed: No such file or directory

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/cisco-asa-5505-not-able-to-access-flash/td-p/2382273

i2c_write_byte_w_suspend() error, slot = 0x0, device = 0x40, address = 26 byte count = 1. Reason: I2C_UNPOPULATED_ERROR

Follow below thread :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/is-my-asa-5505-dead/td-p/1519910

BB

Unfortunately, after reading the article it arrived to an end that probably the Cisco ASA hardware is faulty itself.
Thanks anyways.

i know it unfortunate, looks like you trying to use for Lab, you get plenty on ebay for couple of bugs (i have in my waste rack 3 brand new, never used, got a gift from vendors).

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: