Views
Helpful
Replies

Door Control via VoIP Phone

divitojo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello -

My company has just opened up a new research area and is looking to install a door control system so users on the inside can open the door for visitors.  The standard "Put a buzzer, listen to the intercom and hit a button to unlock the door" has been pushed however I'm trying to bring them into the 20th Century.  There are several Cisco VoIP phones throughout the Lab and I'd like to place an outside phone to Ring down to several inside phones when a visitor has arrived.   After verification, a user on the inside will push a button on the phone and buzz open the door.

My research indicates that the Cisco Physical access gateway (CIAC-GW-K9) can perform the integration with the door opening mechanics and it's managed with the Physical Access Manager Software.  Problem is $$$$.  I'll only need to handle 1 door for the foreseeable future, yet the combined cost of integration is several thousand $$$$.  I could probably sell them if I just needed the gateway.

Do I really need the PAM appliance for 1 gateway? and if so is there a "lite" version? 

No badges needed, no login auth. just hit a button on the phone and buzz the door.

Thank You

Joe

3 Replies 3

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no it can't with PAM server as all the configuration would be performed from the CPAM client. There is no such mechanism you could have just a GW to have this functionality

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Hello Nadeem -

Thank you for the reply, however I'm a little confused.  Are you saying that I just need the GW to perform the functionality of opening the door from the phone?  I can configure the GW from the CPAM client?

Thank You

Joe

Joe, I meant you need a CPAM server along with Gateway. all configuration needs to be done from CPAM which eventually pused to GW database. there is no way you can use just a GW .

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.