cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exporting usernames and cameras from VSOM 7.5.1 to VSOM 7.7

StephanMC
Level 1
Level 1

purchased a bunch of ucs chassis to replace my aging MSP boxes on site.

All my MSP servers are running VSOM 7.5.1 and the new UCS servers were on 7.6 and just got upgraded to 7.7.

Did anyone do the same move? I am trying to get my users, cameras (including locations) moved over to the new servers. Don't care too much about the old recordings as I can keep the old servers online for the time beeing.

Using the backup &  restore option I do not have an option for users/cameras/locations only.

Anyone in the same boat?

4 Replies 4

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there won't such where you restore the /user/cameras/location only to newly built server or another server. VSOM does maitain all the master records included all relevant information in respect ,VSMS, cameras, Device ID, Location, view, etc etc ..so in nutshell you won't be able to restore just user camera or location. if you wish you restore whold DB from existing to new that will be taken care of .

Br,

Nadeem

P.S; Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

so how do I got from here?

got a current MSP chassis in production running 7.5.1 and a new ucs 240 running 7.7

backup and restore?

It does not matter Hardware just pull DB backup from VSM and restore on your New UCS VSM 7.7. what all configuration are there in your VSM 7.5.1 it will be replicate to your new VSM 7.7 version.

P.S: we can restore DB backup taken from lower to higher one but not from higher version to lower.

Br,

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

so playing around with this the procedure goes something like this in a cliff notes version:

downgrade new ucs css240 box from vsom 7.7 to 7.5

upgrade 7.5 to 7.5.1 (my current MSP chassis only support 7.5.1)

export VSOM config from MSP 7.5.1 and import into UCS CSS240 box

bring up old vsom config via gui on UCS CSS 240 box

verify users and cameras did import and ignore camera location order

reboot

reset server status

upgrade 7.5.1 on the UCS CS240 box to 7.7 and watch everything hopefully come back up