Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Safety and Security Desktop Download

How do I download the "Safety and Security Desktop"?  I currently have Cisco cameras and the Safety and Security Desktop on multiple other desktops.  I have the login information from the vendor, but need the Desktop on an additional terminal.

5 Replies 5

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Elijah,

What is the VSM version you are using? you can download the same from VSOM form operation page.

Br,

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Jason Rossi
Level 1
Level 1

Little confusion here. Up until 7.6 one could download SASD from VSOM Operations page.

As of 7.6 and beyond, one must go to the Cisco.com site, login, and download it there. The only thing available in VSOM is the AVP (advanced video player) which is nice, but does not have all the SASD features nor the Wall Configuration etc.

Hi Jason,

Yes from VSM 7.6 and above the SASD is not incorporated in the VSOM operations page. You need to separately download from the cisco.com.

The AVP (advance video player) is used for an advanced monitoring application that includes the following monitoring workspaces:
• Video workspace
• Wall workspace

A Cisco SASD is full-featured monitoring application that provides access to the cameras and video from a single Operations Manager:

Cisco SASD includes the following workspaces and features:
• Video workspace
• Wall workspace
• Alert workspace
• Maps workspace
• Investigation Tools

So the above features make difference to both of them. Hope this clears your confusion here.

Thanks,

Jayesh

Is the AVP included with the VSM server licensing, or is there another license that has to be purchased?

robertlope25633
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there! To download the Safety and Security Desktop, you should reach out to the vendor who provided you with the login information. They should be able to provide you with instructions on how to download the desktop Safety application onto your additional terminal. Don't forget to prioritize safety when setting up the cameras and desktop application.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: