Views
Helpful
Replies

Shadow on the camera feeds

ahmed_ellboudy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have an enterprise solution contains 18 VSMS which will connected to the network using two switch 2960G with also one VSOM and one VSVM servers.

till now we connected about 210 camera (Cisco 4300) with 1024 BR and codec H.264 ,these cameras connected to three servers only and now the output of the streams contains shadows with a distortion on the camera view ,where the direct feed from any camera is working normally .

From VS SRND , the severs 4U (which we are used ) supports 200M I/O ,and the I/O of any server of the three servers =70 M .

Can anyone guide me if the problem is in the used switches series or why I get this problem now ?

Note : I were connected the three servers on one switch.

Thanks,

Ahmed Ellboudy

2 Replies 2

migodfre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

A few questions if you dont mind.

1)  When you see the problem is it via the operators page?

2) How many feeds are you viewing at once on the operators page?

3) Does it happen when only viewing one feed from the operators page?

4) At what point does the feeds start to ge tthe problem? How many cameras added to each server.

5) What resolution are you using on the cameras?

Can you run a "sh processes cpu extened" on the switch to make sure it is not geting over loaded.

Can you try and remove 2 of the media servers from the switch, one at a time. See if you get an inprovment.

First thoughts are the network.

Thanks

Mike

Dear Mike ,

I get the problem of the shadow ,it is the VBR enabled with Quality value 200 , I mage the camera configuration as BR 1024 Kbps for Cisco 4300 IP camera , and I made enable for VBR and made the quality as maximum , this made the output feed from each camera around 10 Mbps which overload the server load , so we change the quality to 100 which made the camera O/P is 2 M which is accepted from the server loas for 56 camera.

Thanks,

Ahmed Ellboudy