Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS server Hard drive sizes

Jason Rossi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The UCS release notes make reference of 1TB, 2TB, and 3TB options.

But about a year ago I bought some CPS-HD4T7KS3-E 4TB drives from Cisco, and quite happy with all that space.

Anyone know if in the interim there have been addition options added, like 5TB drives? I have combed all the VSM and UCS release notes, but I can't even find reference to 4TB drives let alone anything beyond that (if there is even an option beyond that).

Rossi.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

using Bare metal it support upto 4 TB of each HDD This is supported VSM 7.6 and higher . 5 TB as such not being seen any deployment because of sub parititions issue. VSM 7.8 is in the pipe line may be get released soon. hope to see some good news with some additional features in terms of Hardware and software both.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/vsm/performance/vsm_7_performance.html#pgfId-56584%3E

Servers can be purchased with 1, 2, or 3 terebyte (TB) drives. Servers with Release 7.6 or higher also support 4TB drives

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

using Bare metal it support upto 4 TB of each HDD This is supported VSM 7.6 and higher . 5 TB as such not being seen any deployment because of sub parititions issue. VSM 7.8 is in the pipe line may be get released soon. hope to see some good news with some additional features in terms of Hardware and software both.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/vsm/performance/vsm_7_performance.html#pgfId-56584%3E

Servers can be purchased with 1, 2, or 3 terebyte (TB) drives. Servers with Release 7.6 or higher also support 4TB drives

Understood thanks!

Nadeem,

7.8 is released it seems, with a lot of good features. What is the max HD size in 7.8? I didn't see any reference in the release notes. One blurb in the co-located server section of 7.8 mentions 6TB but maybe is a typo?

Thanx.

Jason.

Hard drives available with these are :2TB, 4TB or 6TB.

Servers which can be ordered with VSM 7.8.0

• CPS-UCS-1RU-K9 and CPS-UCS-2RU-K9 servers
  • CPS-UCSM4-1RU-K9 and CPS-UCSM4-2RU-K9 servers

Br,

Nadeem

Thanks, just to clarify, does the 6TB work with CPS-UCS-2RU-K9? Or only with CPS-UCSM4-2RU-K9?

its works with CPS-UCSM4-2RU-K9

Regards

Nadeem Ahmed

Ok thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: