cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to VSM 7.2 error

robert.greeson
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to upgrade from 7.0.0 and 7.0.1 to 7.2 and when I choose the file and select upgrade, after a few minutes I get an error Operation Failed: invalid file upload request, uploaded file could not be parsed.

2 questions :

Can the zip file be uploaded to the server and the upgrade be done using CLI?

If I choose to use ftp server, can I copy the file to the redhat server in the tftp boot folder and load it from there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert                  

6 Replies 6

Cory Blackman
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, you may use the CLI for the upgrade, however, they stopped publishing the CLI method to stop us from doing it the "easy" way, lol.  And good luck with ftp server method as it seems to not always work, with Microsoft at least, however i found a quicker way to do camera firmwares (maybe related) is to already have the files on the server in the uploads directory, the webpage starts the file transfer process and immediately finishes as the file already exists.

Several ways to to check your file, run a 7zip check on it, or check MD5s etc.  Make sure the file is in the original correct format to use at the time of uploading.

Okay, tried to do a cli upgrade like I am used to, however, there is a newer version of Java on 7.2.  When I tried to do it the old way and then install the new version, I get this error : 

file /etc/init.d/jexec from install of jre-1.7.0_17-fcs conflicts with file from package jre-1.6.0_17-fcs

I'm not sure how to get rid of the fcs so I can get the new version installed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Yes, Java installations have been ignored during the last season of upgrades as it has not revved-up/changed, but now it needs to be, obviously work with Cisco on this, but the Java upgrade procedure existed in the v6 upgrades, follow that if you know what you're doing and can adapt to RedHat from SUSE.

These were the steps I wound up using to get it done :

cd /usr/java

rm -rf java

ln -s jre-1.6.0_17 java

rpm -e jre-1.6.0_17-fcs from core directory

run /etc/init.d/cisco stop

cd /VSM72

rpm -qa | grep Cisco | xargs rpm -e

rpm -ivh jre-7u17-linux-i586.rpm

rpm -ivh Cisco_*

Thanks for the reply.

Yup, that's it, obliviously it's working for you, but are the steps out of order (just to be clear for future viewers) e.g. stop the services before, and didn't you setup the *new* java link too?

Stop services, remove old VSM rpms, remove old java rpm, remove old java link, install new java rpm, create new java link, install new VSM rpms, start services.

You are correct.  Forgot to correct the order before I posted it.  Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: