Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading CPAM from 1.2 to 1.3.1

AdamCarlisle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a large site that I wish to upgrade with minimal disruption. The site is live and has 9 gateways in total. Has anyone upgraded a large site before and what is the best method?

I was thinking of upgrading the CPAM server first to 1.3.1. Then having a spare gateway with 1.3.1 already installed and swap it out with a live gateway each time so there is minimal downtime and the amount of time doors would  be locked out reduced. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Adam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

philtraylor
Level 1
Level 1

I have done one recently, the whole process took roughly 20 minutes including updating the backup CPAM we were using for HA.

After that, we did a mass firmware upgrade from CPAM, which took about 20 more minutes. I see no need for the spare gateway... You could also update each gateway one at a time.. but that will take absolutely forever.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

philtraylor
Level 1
Level 1

I have done one recently, the whole process took roughly 20 minutes including updating the backup CPAM we were using for HA.

After that, we did a mass firmware upgrade from CPAM, which took about 20 more minutes. I see no need for the spare gateway... You could also update each gateway one at a time.. but that will take absolutely forever.

I hope this helps!

Make sure that your HA configuration is in sync.  We began this upgrade and the database on the backup in the HA pair was out of sync with the primary.  The upgrade caused the backup server to fail.  It was stuck in the upgrade process and we could not revert.  I had to rebuild the backup, perform the upgrade, then sync with the primary for everything to work.

The upgrade procedure should be smooth.  I believe ours would have been as quick as Phillip states if it had not been for the HA anomaly.