cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSOM 6.3.3 change archive loop duration

Danny Mainprize
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to change the loop duration on an archive without deleting it and creating a new one?  When I setup archiving I set it for 1 hour loop with a backup every 24 hours.  Well now I am being told that 1 hour is not enough time and my folks want a day loop instead.  Is it possible to change this somewhere?

This all came up because we have a break in and I had to make the police and my VPs wait for 24 hours for the archive to go to backup for searching and viewing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kcapoor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Danny

You cannot change the loop duration for a running archive. You can only change the name and description of a archive, backup settings, and settings for schedules that have not yet been activated. For schedules that have started, you can change only the end date.

hope this answer your question

Thanks

Karan Capoor

PDI-ET Team

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kcapoor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Danny

You cannot change the loop duration for a running archive. You can only change the name and description of a archive, backup settings, and settings for schedules that have not yet been activated. For schedules that have started, you can change only the end date.

hope this answer your question

Thanks

Karan Capoor

PDI-ET Team

Jason Rossi
Level 1
Level 1

You can't change a running archive duration in 6.x. But you needn't delete the existing one. On the archives tab stop the archive, and it will stay in existence until it is groomed from the system based on whatever expiration date was set. You do need to manually add the archive again, which is kind of a hassle, but one nice easy way to do it is under admin>settings>batch administration settings, set the "regular archive duration" to what you want it to be. Then just run through batch admin and check the archive button.

Hey Danny,

I am having a similar issue.  I want to change the loop duration from 30 days to 14 days.  Is there a way to copy a stopped archive configuration and replicate it or do I need to create new archives for each camera from scratch?

Chuck

You CAN stop and create a new archive, however when I tried it made everything worse.  Best bet is to stop, delete, and create new.  I had to do that 3 times each for 148 cameras.