cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSOM: Copied template with different retention not working

jwood.ok
Level 1
Level 1

I was attempting create a new template that simply had a longer retention time, so I made a copy of an existing template and changed the numbers.  Just for example, it was from 14 day to 21 day.  So after a bit, I checked in on VSOM expecting to see recordings past 14 days, but I didn't.  Am I missing something? Would that have to be made from scratch? Seems to defeat the purpose of a template if so.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

voyo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

1 - please assure you are checking retention time of the archives stored *after* you change your template.

Change retention time in template is working only for new archives, does not apply for files already stored on media partition.

2 - possible you have encounter some bug, it is quite possible if you are running old VSM version. Just FYI - latest VSM version is 7.12.  To confirm this please open TAC case.

I'm not on the latest version of VSM, but as I have a number of templates already, I'm not convinced that has anything to do with it.  

In any case, after some time had passed, it finally retained 21 days instead of 14.  I guess I was thinking that it was just take on 7 days to the existing 14, but it looks like instead it started over at 1 and then kept going until we had 21, so it appears to be resolved.