cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone know of a doc covering using ACS 5.3 to control Guest VLAN using TACACS?

bbriggs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If anyone could help with this I'd appreciate it.

I've configured an ACS 5.3 system and all my groups etc fucniton corrcetly both for Network Access and for Device Administration.

However I'm stuck trying to allow clients to authenticate against the router's web-page i.e. Web-Authenticaiton, using TACACS+ between the router and the ACS5.3.

I've looked into this and I need to configure a custom-attribute of "service" with type Outbound and link this to an Authorization policy.

I feel that configuring the Custom Attributes is where I'm stuck.

Once agin thanks for any help,

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your best bet is to use radius, ACS supports radius and for the most part you try to segment network access users from your device admins, and the best way to do that is using radius versus tacacs.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your best bet is to use radius, ACS supports radius and for the most part you try to segment network access users from your device admins, and the best way to do that is using radius versus tacacs.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Yes I did consider that. Do you know of a document which lists how to enter the correct attributes e.g. service=outbound?

Thanks for your suggesiton. As the previous version of ACS was configured with RADIUS I'm being pressed to use that. However thanks for your assistance Tarik.

Thanks