cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.3 - My Device registration - different "access levels"?

robertbrink1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a way to let "special users" be able to register more than x-devices. In my lab I've restricted employees to 3 devices, but in some cases these "special users" must be able to register more that that. Is this possible without giving them access to the ISE-management?

With "registration" I'm think of both onboarding and pre-registration in the My device portal. 

Say that AD group XYZ (normal users) can register 3 devices, and group ABC can register 20. 

If this is not possible or no easy workaround available, can it be a feature request? And how can I submit this as a feature request?

2 Replies 2

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE 1.3 has Guest Type option in which we have an option to define number of device that can be registered and having assigned  different guest types with different number of device registration should work

I see what you mean, but I cant get it to work like that.

I've created a guest type that can register max 3 devices, linked this guest type to a sponsor group that is again linked to a AD-group. 

On the settings pane for device management I've set a max of 10 devices. 

When I log in to the My Device portal with a user from AD that should be "linked" up to the new guest type, it can register 10 devices, not 3.