Views
Helpful
Replies

RADKit upgrade procedure

srdjanm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have installed RADKit on Linux based system following this link https://radkit.cisco.com/docs/pages/start_pip_wheels.html#start-pip-wheels

Currently, we are running version 1.3.1, and we would like to upgrade to version 1.3.7.

(radkit) srdjan@L14VM1:~/radkit/wheels_dir$ ls
cisco_radkit_1.3.7_pip_linux.tgz cisco_radkit_client-1.3.7-py38-none-manylinux2014_x86_64.whl cisco_radkit_genie-1.3.7-py37-none-manylinux2014_aarch64.whl cisco_radkit_remote-1.3.7-py39-none-linux_armv7l.whl
cisco_radkit_candela-1.3.7-py37-none-linux_armv7l.whl cisco_radkit_client-1.3.7-py38-none-musllinux_1_2_x86_64.whl cisco_radkit_genie-1.3.7-py37-none-manylinux2014_x86_64.whl cisco_radkit_remote-1.3.7-py39-none-manylinux2014_aarch64.whl

(radkit) srdjan@L14VM1:~/radkit/wheels_dir$ python3 -m pip install -f . cisco_radkit_client cisco_radkit_service
Looking in links: .
Requirement already satisfied: cisco_radkit_client in /home/srdjan/miniconda3/envs/radkit/lib/python3.9/site-packages (1.3.1)
Requirement already satisfied: cisco_radkit_service in /home/srdjan/miniconda3/envs/radkit/lib/python3.9/site-packages (1.3.1)
Requirement already satisfied: click in /home/srdjan/miniconda3/envs/radkit/lib/python3.9/site-packages (from cisco_radkit_client) (8.1.3) .......

In short, after trying to upgrade this way,  there is no change in the software version, the service is still running on old version 1.3 after the new service started.

Please help.

BR

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Haitham Jaradat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, Thanks for reaching out.

you need to add `-U` to the pip command to tell pip to update the packages, i.e. the command to update should become

python3 -m pip install -U -f . cisco_radkit_client cisco_radkit_service

Note: its an uppercase U

With that being said, we always recommend installing every version in a separate environment, i.e. create a new environment, and install the new version, rather than updating. it allows for a much cleaner environment and easier upgrades.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Haitham Jaradat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, Thanks for reaching out.

you need to add `-U` to the pip command to tell pip to update the packages, i.e. the command to update should become

python3 -m pip install -U -f . cisco_radkit_client cisco_radkit_service

Note: its an uppercase U

With that being said, we always recommend installing every version in a separate environment, i.e. create a new environment, and install the new version, rather than updating. it allows for a much cleaner environment and easier upgrades.

Thanks!!!