Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

2960S Baud rate mistake

sghere
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2960S-48LPS-L switch at my home (Network Engineer as job), and had it crash during a lightning strike next door.   When it booted back up the IOS was corrupt, so I downloaded the new(er) IOS and was getting ready to use Xmodem to get the IOS file on when I stumbled across an article stating you could manually set the baud rate to 115200 (no higher) to make things go faster.   Wouldn't you know it, I fat fingered it and now I can't read anything using my terminal emulator at any baud/duplex/parity or any other setting.

This happened almost 7 hours ago, and I have scoured Ciscos site and the internet, and it seems others have had this problem, but no fixes yet.   Since the 2960S doesn't have a "reset button", rather a mode button, there isn't anything I've been able to do.

Cisco said they would replace it within 10 days but no TAC support, but I can't wait that long since it's running our TV/Internet (V-lans) because my wife/son will probably kill me before then.

Since the switch is mine personally, I went ahead took the cover off looking for a CMOS type battery that maybe able to be removed....but no luck.

If anyone has any ideas, or has run across something like this before, I'm willing to pay (paypal) for any help that gets me back up and running soon!

If you want to handle this offline, I can send you my e-mail/phone#, or leave it here for anyone that's done it (or will).

I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter. 

Thanks

Shayne

Who Me Too'd this topic