Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

WAP321 intermittent lock-ups

mcordiez
Level 1
Level 1

Have been trying to work through an ongoing lock-up issue on a pair fo WAP321's.  Have read many of the prior threads and have tried to get some feedback from data from either the switch or the AP's to help figure out where the problem may be, but am at a loss.

Set-up:

- 2 x WAP321 running v1.0.2.3 connected to a Cisco 2960S-24PS-L (PoE)

- 2 SSID's each on a different VLAN, both VLANs are tagged.

- WAP's are no longer clustered.

Problem:

Everyday, anywhere from 4-12hrs, the AP's crash.   They either reboot successfully or lock-up 50% of the time.  In a lock-up, the ethernet ports on the 2960 show a device phsyically connected and powered-up there is no layer 2 nor 3 activity (i.e. the AP's are completely unresponsive).  And there are no PoE events at the time of the crash/reboot.

The AP's are remote to me and the location is not in use everyday so I have not been able to determine if both AP lock-up everytime at exactly the same time but from the past 24hrs of continuous monitoring (pings) they tend to crash within 30min of each other, but not at the exact same time.   They are no longer clustered as I initally thought that might have been the issue.

AP use is quite light and they lock-up at anytime of the day (i.e. not just during business hours)

The problem is resolved by rebooting the AP's by shut/no shutting their respective PoE ports.  They are ceiling mounted and there is no way for staff onsite to have a look at them to see what lights are on or off.

I have not reset the units to factory defaults and re-loaded the firmware.  This is something I would prefer to do onsite as just getting the two VLAN's into the units was a painful 2hr operation (VLAN settings wouldn't stick, couldn't make changes to the VLAN admin page no matter what browser or pc I used, had to reboot each time I made a change, sometimes it would save, sometimes it wouldn't, AP wouldn't accept a new VLAN, then it would etc etc...what should have taken 10 minutes took 2+ hrs.   Based on that experience alone I will never sell these again and will stick to the higher end Cisco WAPs that I'm used to).

Beyond rebuilding these units and hoping that somehow magically fixes things has anyone encountered any issues with the WAP321's locking-up due to some kind of incompatibility at the network layer?   Or having them locking-up in general operation?  Any thoughts?  I wish I had error messages or log messages of some type to go on but there's ntohing unfortunately.

Message was edited by: MICHAEL CORDIEZ

Who Me Too'd this topic