cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

SIP calls drop after 15 minutes in Branch office. Re-Invite not propagated by Carrier

kenneth.meyers
Level 1
Level 1

All,

Have remote branch office phones connected to CUCM 9.1. Just transitioned to SIP service via CUBE in this branch office. Have outbound calling functioning properly (calls stayed connected until hung up). Inbound calls drop at 15 minutes.

In troubleshooting I’ve found that the SIP Re-Invite never makes it to the far side if I call from another branch. I traced a call from another branch office running SIP with a CUBE (with phones connected to CUCM as well) and called the branch having the problem via the PSTN. Both sides negotiated successfully and I let the call stay connected. At 15 minutes, the branch that initiated the call sent a SIP Re-Invite (via CUCM and then the CUBE) to the far side. The far side (called side) never received the SIP Re-Invite. At about 16 minutes CUCM at the called site sent a BYE thinking the call was not still connected.

I contacted the carrier (International Carrier in the UK) and gave him the SIP traces. Carrier came back with the following

advise customer that the o line in the sdp doesn't change and that is why the re-invite doesn't propagte to the other side. The reinvite is not needed howevr to keep a call up. I recommended that UK CPE be checked furhter to determine why the cause =86 BYE is sent form it as there is no spec of RFC requiring a reinvite every 15 mins. “

Is there a way to solve this via CUCM? It would appear to me that SIP would need a mechanism to close out calls and the Re-Invite would be it.

Thanks!

Ken

Who Me Too'd this topic