cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Migrating from CUCM 8.6 to CUCM 10.0 - Do I have to upgrade presence as well?

Aamer Ainapore
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Raees, 

I've got a question regarding the Migration from CUCM 8.6 to 1.0, I went through the below "Ask the Expert" article.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12103966/ask-expert-cisco-unified-communications-manager-cucm-version-100

My question is, the CUCM 10.0 upgrade mentions the following on page 22 

"Refresh upgrade of Unified Communications Manager nodes only
Complete the high-level tasks listed in this section when you want to perform a refresh upgrade of only the
Unified Communications Manager nodes in your network. When you upgrade Unified Communications
Manager nodes without upgrading IM and Presence nodes, ensure that the installed version of the IM and
Presence Service is compatible with the new version of the Unified Communications Manager software."

I would only like to Upgrade the CUCM nodes but the client is using Presence 8.6 as well, would I have to upgrade Presence 8.6 to something else as well or can I just upgrade to CUCM 10.0 and the presence 8.6 would work with it, if I have to upgrade Presence as well then what version of Presence would I have to upgrade to and for the "Refresh Upgrade for Presence" can you mention the SKU that I got to get off the Product Upgrade Tool.

Since it's going to be a Refresh Upgrade for CUCM from 8.6 to 10.0 can you as well provide me with the SKU for the upgrade that I got to purchase, I can see two of them as follows:

UCM-10.X-SW-K9-XU=CUCM Software Version 10.X for PUT Only, Export Unrestricted
UCM-10.X-SW-K9=CUCM Software Version 10.X for PUT Only

Thanks

Aamer

Who Me Too'd this topic