Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

CUCM to CVP calls. CTI-RP vs Route Pattern

Kartik Bhatia
Level 1
Level 1
CVP 9 or above CUCM 9 or above Requirement: 1. Consultive Warm Transfer - The agents to be able to transfer calls to a a different department by dialing an internal number and wait in the queue until answered. 2. Internal - Back-office people to dial internal IT-Helpdesk or HR I see the above call flows as same, i.e. a Call Originating from CUCM to CVP .... correct me please? I have tested both and they both work exactly the same way, i.e. using a CTI-RP associated to PGUSER, ICM answers it sends correlation id to CUCM and CUCM sends this to CVP ...AND... using a simple route patters instead point to CUCM-CVP SIP trunk. Functionally they behave same way - ICM/CVP answers and queues call until answered. But the documentation confuses me, below snippet from CVP Config Guide "... Calls Originated by Unified CM Internal Help Desk calls: For these calls, the Unified Communication Manager (CM) phone user calls a CTI Route Point Consultative Warm Transfer: For these calls, a Unified CM agent places the caller on hold and dials in to Unified ICME to reach a second agent .... " And then on the same doc, there a Note (*1) Note For warm transfers, the call from Agent 1 to Agent 2 does not typically use a SIP Trunk, but you must configure the CTI Route Point for that dialed number on the Unified CM server and associate that number with your peripheral gateway user (PGUSER) (*2) And then again on the same doc under 'Unified ICME Warm Consult Transfer/Conference to Unified CVP' chapter/section it mentiones doing this using a Route Patter 'Create a route pattern and assign the route list to the route pattern' So the confusion is 1. Why treat these call flows as Internal and Warm Transfer - they are calls from CUCM to CVP for the same end result - queue the call and transfer to an agent? 2. Route pattern or CTI-RP, what diff it makes? They both behave the same way, so is there a diff from reporting point of view that a call to CTI-RP are treated as Transferred rather than new calls or what? 3. Also if you compare (*1) & (*2) above, they both talk about Warm Transfer and *1 says 'must use CTI-RP' and *2 says use a Route Pattern? Please assist. Thanks & Regards, Kartik
Who Me Too'd this topic