cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

ISE 1.3 certificate issue

Meng Li
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

I have tried to replicate an issue that my customer is having:

issue: when running client provisioning on default port 8905, the portal certificate shows that it's using the certificate created for the Admin. However, when visiting guest portal or running onboarding process (using port 8443 which is the default one), the certificate is presented with the correct one (the one used for the portal).

Here is what I have setup in my lab:

1. in ISE 1.3, installed two certificate: one for admin and the other for portal access:

2. when accessing the admin page and the client portal, I can see that it's using the correct certificate. ( the OU=ESC one is the admin certificate and the OU=MS one is the portal certificate)

However, when accessing the test client provisioning portal on 8905, the certificate shows it's using the admin one:

In the adminstration->device portal mgmt->client provisioning portal, the port is used as default 8443. It makes more sense it uses the client provisioning certificate rather than the admin certificate when the portal is redirected on to port 8905. 

Is the issue an as-designed feature or is there additional configuration needs to be implemented?

Who Me Too'd this topic