Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Configuration file updater from 7.5 to 8.5

keithsauer507
Level 5
Level 5

Tried updating my S160 to whatever the version 8 is that is build 119 from installed 7.5 version.  System hung so I rebooted it.  Now its a paperweight.  Can't ever log in because it says to wait for the services but then it gives a traceback.  HDD led is lit constantly so I don't want to pull power again.

So I deployed a virtual appliance in my vmware infrastructure.  I'm trying to upload the config from my 7.5 physical appliance.  It keeps getting hung up on things like <default_gateway> is not allowed here, and stuff about password grace period not found before /password, and then it hangs on snmp stuff.  I'm at the point right now where I removed the snmp stuff and corrected all the other things its complaining about, but now its b*tching about periodic report recipients.  I'm thinking OMG what the ----.  Is there any tool that will just parse the file and update it to syntax that the virtual WSA 8.5 can handle?  Even if this is an evaluation, it would be nice to have working webfiltering while I wait for TAC to act on the case I opened on our physical S160.

Thanks

Who Me Too'd this topic