Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

UCS KVM issues, need to remove a pool and leave existing pool questions

rzotz0814
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have multiple pools in our template, and recently a new blade pulled from the last pool that was added and we can't have it use since it is in a different subnet than the FI.  KVM won't work in that case. 

So, the management pulled an IP from that pool, and the KVM won't connect due to it being on a different subnet as the FI.  We want to remove that pool so this doesn't happen again, and reset this blade so it is on the other subnet 10.1.0.xxx which will allow the KVM to start working. And we do not want to cause interruption to any machines that are running on this blade since it is production.

My question really is, if we remove that pool, will the blade itself automatically switch to the other existing pools? 

What happens to the other KVM's on the blades that are currently using the pool for a KVM session to that POOL we want to remove?

As seen in the screenshot, we have blade, 1 and 2 have a kvm pulled from it.  Blade 3 and UCS8 is the new blade and needs to be reset to another pool.  What happens if this pool is removed in this scenario? 

See screenshot.

Who Me Too'd this topic