Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Problem with Expressway SRV records

HeribertoVV
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an Expressway deployment v8.9.2 with CUCM/IMP 11.5. We are using single-NIC and dual domain, one internal and one external.

We have our Unified Communication Traversal zone active. Expressway-C is pointing to the public IP address of Expressway-E.

When someone tries to log-in, Jabber asks for the password and, if wrong it says "password wrong...", but if right, it says "cannot locate the sever". I am receiving this error:

2017-05-23T17:26:22.486-05:00 edgeconfigprovisioning: Level="WARN" Detail="Service not found for edge config response" Service="_cisco-uds" User="fmixtega" UTCTime="2017-05-23 22:26:22,485"
2017-05-23T17:26:22.486-05:00 edgeconfigprovisioning: Level="WARN" Detail="Service not found for edge config response" Service="_cuplogin" User="fmixtega" UTCTime="2017-05-23 22:26:22,485"

1. My client doesn't have external.domain and internal.domain "folders" in their INTERNAL DNS server. So, the SRV records they have in their internal DNS server are: cuplogin, cisco-uds, sip, sips, h323 (all in internal.domian folder). Is it mandatory to have cisco-uds and cuploging in an external.domain folder in the internal DNS server?

2. For the peer in the Unified Communication zone we have expe.internal.domain which is resolved to the public IP Address. Could this configuration have an effect in this errors we are facing? With other clients I use to resolve the public IP address to expe.external.domain (example).

External DNS server are configured in Expressway-E and internal DNS servers in Expressway-C (DNS config).

Who Me Too'd this topic