Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Changing dial plan to use a number other than 9 to get an outside line

klopez138
Level 1
Level 1

We have been asked recently how hard it would be to change our dial plan to use a number other than 9 to get an outside line. There have been several instances where employees at one of our offices have mistakenely dialed 911. Our engineer with all the voice experience is no longer with us so I don't really have an answer to the question for management.

We currently have 2 sites, each with a 2911 router we use for voice routing and a CUCM. The CUCMs are clustered across an MPLS network and there are SIP trunks at each site that terminate on the 2911s. There are a slew of route patterns, application dial rules, and and application dial rules that I'm having trouble making sense of in the CUCM and 2911. Additionally, there are several dial-peers and translation patterns configured in the 2911s at each site. I should also mention that at our primary site (where we don't have issues with people mistakenly dialing 911) there is a translation pattern that routes 911 calls to a security office that is in our building where we are a tenant. the Branch office (where 911 calls are being mistakenly made) has a few translation patterns that translate 911 to 911 and 9911 to 911. I would appreciate any help with this issue. I can share configs from the CUCM/2911 as needed to help answer questions. Thanks in advance for any help.

Who Me Too'd this topic