Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

SSM Smart Software Manager On-Prem 7 - Unable to reach Cisco

jvujcich
Level 1
Level 1

Happy new year to all!

I'm setting this up from new and am having 3 related Issues.

1. The main issue is that I get an error "SSO service: Unable to reach Cisco".

This happens when I try and "Approve/submit" a new account that i created within the Workspace of the Smart Software Manager On-Prem. This is a server located in my customers Datacenter.

The on-prem server makes this connection over a firewall and then a proxy server before going out to Cisco.com

I have configured the Firewall and Proxy server as per the Cisco user guide. Firewall rules/routing tested with packet-tracer.

The thing is, I can not even see 443/80 traffic getting as far as the ASA firewall. I can see other traffic from the server like dns etc.

It looks like the On-Prem server is not even sending the request out.

2. To look deeper into the connectivity issues, i need to access the CLI via ssh, but i can't due to a certificate issue. And the console port (or Linux prompt) will not accept any passwords i have.

3. Under the Smart Licencing page, within the On-Prem GUI, the "Manage Account" is grayed out. And when I try to request access to an existing account a message says the is no such account- maybe because it can’t get to Cisco to site due to point 1 above?

Who Me Too'd this topic