Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2020

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

SSM Smart Software Manager On-Prem 7 - Unable to reach Cisco

Happy new year to all!

I'm setting this up from new and am having 3 related Issues.

1. The main issue is that I get an error "SSO service: Unable to reach Cisco".

This happens when I try and "Approve/submit" a new account that i created within the Workspace of the Smart Software Manager On-Prem. This is a server located in my customers Datacenter.

The on-prem server makes this connection over a firewall and then a proxy server before going out to Cisco.com

I have configured the Firewall and Proxy server as per the Cisco user guide. Firewall rules/routing tested with packet-tracer.

The thing is, I can not even see 443/80 traffic getting as far as the ASA firewall. I can see other traffic from the server like dns etc.

It looks like the On-Prem server is not even sending the request out.

2. To look deeper into the connectivity issues, i need to access the CLI via ssh, but i can't due to a certificate issue. And the console port (or Linux prompt) will not accept any passwords i have.

3. Under the Smart Licencing page, within the On-Prem GUI, the "Manage Account" is grayed out. And when I try to request access to an existing account a message says the is no such account- maybe because it can’t get to Cisco to site due to point 1 above?

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Beginner

Re: SSM Smart Software Manager On-Prem 7 - Unable to reach Cisco

Gosh, It's quiet out there!

Must be a very new technology that little is known about.

Anyway, I've answered a few of my own questions below:

1. The "SSO service: Unable to reach Cisco" error was caused by the On-Prem server proxy setting - I had to change it from a hostname to an IP address. Now we don't get the error. However, a popup asks to confirm, But the "NEXT" button is grayed out so I can't go any further.

2a. Using putty to SSH to the On-Prem server is still an issue - Error message is to do with "not able to negotiate key exchange".

2b. Lost password for direct access to the Console/Linux prompt. There is no recovery procedure so we rebuilt the On-Prem VM. But, that does not get you to the root account. And not a lot of options in the on-prem utility. e.g there is ping but no traceroute.

3. "Manage Account" is still grayed out, But I'm not sure it's an issue. I can still login via my own username etc.

4. Trying to log a Cisco TAC case is a problem. They won't act without a contract number or a Serial Number. However, with the access I have i can not find the S/N on this VM. And there is not contract associated because this is a free download/service for people with a Smart account.

So, point 1 is the major issue. Without this, my client can not manage the new licencing service that Cisco has come up with recently.

Any help, is greatly appreciated.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here