cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

FirePower 1010 hardware failures?

I recently installed a HA pair of FirePower 1010 devices running ASA software.

After working out how to enable the license tiers and Security-Plus feature they were working OK and I tested failover several times as well as upgraded the software to the latest ASA 9.15.1 & ASDM 7.15.1.  These were not in production and I was scheduled to replace a pair of ASA 5508-X's this morning.

The official rackmount kit was ordered but delivered after the original installation and this was installed on Friday.  This was completed by one of the DC engineers.  On powering up the devices one of them failed and the Power LED was cycling between Green & Orange.  I got a console connected but there was nothing.  I had the DC engineer take the case off the failed FP1010 and check if any components (SODIMM RAM I thought?) had come loose, however everything looked fine so we have RMA'd this device.

This morning however I have attempted to logon to the 2nd FP1010 via its OoB managment interface and cannot. The OoB L2 switch where the management interface is connected to is up but not showing any MAC addresses and the link has remained up since we powered the device back on following the rack-mount kit installation.

Our monitoring platforms show two CPU warning messages for 02:31 and 04:22 from yesterday morning followed by a loss of communication at 06:58.

I am awaiting on one of our DC engineers to do a visual inspection and to get a console connected, however I suspect this unit has also failed as our DC is unmanned at the time the events occurred.

My concern here is that this 2nd unit has failed within 2-days of the 1st so is this an inherent hardware issue with this platform, possibly a faulty batch or are we just unlucky?

This is my 1st FirePower 1010 installation, however I am familiar with ASA's and the larger FirePower platforms so I don't think I am missing anything with regards to their operation.

Andy

Who Me Too'd this topic