Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Problems with Microsoft Teams video conference via Cisco Wlan

Heiko Kelling
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,
I have an educational environment with a Cisco WLC 2504 (8.5.140.00) and 55 access points of the type 1602I-E-K9 and 1832I-E-K9. The environment was planned beforehand with the help of an Ekahau site survey and checked with a site survey after the installation. The signal strength and interference values ​​look good everywhere. There is a good connection via ping and test tools everywhere. A Palo Alto firewall is used as gateway to the Internet (50 Mbit / s symmetrical). The access points are supplied with PoE by 4 Cisco 3850 switches and the 4 WLANs are connected directly via FlexConnect.

Now to the problem: Due to the Corona crisis, Microsoft Teams has been used more and more for a few weeks and the employees notice every day that the connection via WiFi is jerky and hardly any video conference is possible. Often the picture stands for 4-5 seconds, so that lessons are hardly possible. The whole thing happens understandably even if there is only one device in the entire network and you are almost directly under an access point. If you then switch to a wired connection in the same Vlan, everything is great and the conference is stable. So the problem has to be related to the WiFi. I have already tried to adjust various parameters in the WLC but would like to have experiences from the community. Are QoS settings basically necessary and recommended? And what should they look like?

Who Me Too'd this topic