Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

VXlan lab issues

mveytsman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to do virtual nexus 9000v lab, to test out various VXLan scenarios.
And keep coming up against the same frustrating issue. After enabling the nve features required for the config and rebooting the switches (dont need GNS3 running when I am sleeping).
I get this error:
Module 1 is not 'feature nv overlay' capable. 'feature nve overlay' requires application leaf engine' (ALE) 1 or above based line cards. Please consult documentation.

I tried various versions of the nexus 9000v software, from 10.2.5M to 10.3.3.F. Deployed them on GNS3, then tried them on VM Workstation Pro. Even deployed a few on the ESXi (enterprise license) host, and the same error above keeps popping up.
I also tried to ignore the error and configure a vxlan environment regardless.
However, it doesnt work. The NVE interfaces come up. Underlay functions with no issues. BUM multicast registers. However the BGP EVPN part just doesnt work.
I can see the BGP peers come up between spines and leaves, on both IPV4 and L2VPN, but no mac routes are exchanged. The mac of course shows up locally with 'l2route' command. But nothing else happens. No mac routes go upto the spines or down to the other leaves.

So what am I missing? I see a number of network blogs using ESXi for the lab, and stating that it works... Please help.

Who Me Too'd this topic