cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Assigning static IPs on RV260 router

dalebrewe
Level 1
Level 1

I have devices I have set up to use static IPs  (outside of the DHCP pool). This works ok, as far as being able to access them by IP. However, they don't appear on the list of connected devices on the router, and I can't access them by name. Is there a way to assign static IPs on the RV260 such that they can be accessed by name, and they appear as connected devices? If it matters, I have my lan setup to "Use DNS Proxy", which works fine w/ DHCP-assigned devices. 

thanks

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to add DHCP Static Entry for the user to get SAME IP address as Static Assignment. Since it is not come from DHCP you would not be able to rsolve it,  DHCP static Entry fix your issue.

LAN --> Static DHCP

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi BB thanks for the advice. I have tried this and it doesn't seem to work if the device configuration is set to static IP. I assume this is because it doesn't actually get a lease from DHCP. I want a constant IP independent of DHCP, not just a consistent IP assigned by DHCP. If I can't achieve what I described, it's not a big deal, I don't have that many devices like this to keep track of. 

regards

dale