cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Upload Startup Config File

russelljtdyer
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few Cisco routers and similar products. I'm having problems with a Cisco RV132W Wireless-N VPN router (firmware release 1.0.1.11). After configuring the router the way I want, I made a backup copy of the startup configuration file to my laptop computer. I do this to make it easy to restore the settings if I do too much tweaking and want to go back to the last good configuration.

Later, when I try to upload the startup configuration file, it won't load. Using the GUI, I go to Administration -> Download/Backup Configuration. Under the Configuration Upload section, I then select Startup Configuration and click on Browse to indicate the startup.cfg file on my laptop computer. I then click the Start to Upload button. It says that the changes won't take effect until the router is rebooted and asks me if I want to reboot now. I agree to that and a dialog box says it is Uploading and Processing the file.  But it doesn't reboot and the dialog box doesn't close.

I tried a few times and left it running for about ten minutes. It never happens.  I tried telling it not to reboot now and to then reboot from the Admin. menu.  When it boots up, the configuration file hasn't been loaded, nor do I see the date changed in the list of configuration files.

Am I doing something wrong?  Should I load the file a different way? Do I have to change the file in some way? Thanks in advance for any suggestions on this.

1 Reply 1

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi  russelljtdyer,

Have you tried to perform this operation from a different browser (Chrome, Mozilla, IE, Edge)?