Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cant create static NAT in cisco RV340 router

In the static NAT under firewall I am trying to create NAT rule where when I give the static IP in public IP range tab I am getting error as it is the WAN IP of WAN2. How can I create NAT then. Please help.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If that is your WAN IP  - i believe you should remove that IP and do rest of in range.

range means you doing dynamic NAT with Pool of IP address - is this what you intent to do ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

Thanks. I just need to create a static NAT to make a server exposed to internet, somehow I managed to do it now.

Glad you able to find the solution.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you share what is the error? Does your dual WAN functionality work? That setup should work as expected. 

Regards,

Martin

Hi,

Earlier I was trying to expose internal server to internet via static NAT but I have only one static public IP and so that I cant attach it to static NAT rule since it is my WAN IP, so I discarded creating NAT instead I went for DMZ host where I added my internal server as DMZ host and created port triggering for HTTPS via desired WAN, so that WAN interface will accept HTTPS request and my webserver host in DMZ can be accessed from internet. 

Hi,

Thanks for sharing and your feedback. That actually explains what the confusion was. With a single WAN IP address that is the workaround solution.

Regards,

Martin