cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco modem/router DCP2325 Passwords

onejerrygreen
Level 1
Level 1

I recently purchased a new laptop computer and since I already had a wireless router I thought that I could get on line easy but, it seems the password I had written down does not work.  I called my cable co. Charter to see if they could correct it.  Well Charter changed it to something only God knows. Now neither Charter nor myself can make my laptop access the web without directly plugging into the router. What good is a wireless router that no one knows the password too?  This is my question.  Or perhaps someone could tell me how I go about changing a password that I do not know and neither does my ISP.  Since last Thursday I have called Cisco, Called Linsys, Called Charter, Called Cisco, Called Charter, Called Linsyc, Called Charter and it is a vicious circle of enemies of my laptop. Saturday I started emailing since no one works on Sat. that could help.  Today I received the same thing about Cisco in two different emails.  Neither of which supplied an answer.  I have threatened I have not yet cursed them but If I knew how to put a curse on someone it would be Cisco Routers.  Can anyone in this discussion group help me set the default back to null on my DCP2325 Router/modem so I can have access to the web on my laptop,  or at least tell me where to tie on to this router to use for my boat anchor. Since its not wireless after all.  Thanks

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jerry, the DPC models are a service provider unit which is manufactured by Cisco. The your ISP has the sole responsibility for support on this unit.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Jerry,

According to the User Guide the default IP address is 192.168.0.1

There is no username or password by default. You should be able to type that IP address in the address bar of your web browser and log in.

If that works, browse to Wireless-> Security and change the wireless password. (Pre-shared Key)

If you are unable to log into the web interface you can reset the device to factory defaults by holding the reboot button on the back of the unit for more than ten seconds with it powered on. Check with your ISP before resetting the device as this may affect your ability to access the internet.

You can locate the User Guide for your device at the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/support/userguides2/4024320-new.pdf

Hope this helps, I understand it can be frustrating to find support for some devices. Tom is correct, these devices should be supported by the ISP.

Marty