Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV042 VPN Issue remote gateway is not responding quick vpn

Hi Cisco,

I have Cisco RV 042 Dual Internet VPN Router ( Small Business RV Series Router )  with latest Firmware Version ( v4.2.3.10 ). I have created few users & Configured Group VPN. Also I have Downloaded Cisco Quick VPN Client ( 1.4.2.1) version . When I try to connect to VPN, I receive an below error.

"The remote gateway is not responding. Do you want to wait"

I have tested this Quick VPN Client in Windows 7 & Windows 8 with Compatibility Settings. Also tried with turning Windows Firewall & Defender on & off. After that as well I am getting the same error.

Request to check the attached document for reference.

Kindly request to provide a solution or Workaround for the same.

1 Reply 1

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You may check the following…

• Please check whether the port numbers 50, 51, 443, 60443, 500, 4500 are open at both side (RV042 Router and Client) via active Internet connectivity.
  • Also, if you are using those above-mentioned ports in ‘Port-forwarding’ configuration on that router then you may face problem connecting QuickVPN, please avoid those ports in ‘Port-forwarding’.
  • Please check the RV042 WAN IP rechability from the remote client where you want to use the QucikVPN.
  • Please check the IPSec and IKE services are running on the client PC
  • If the RV042 WAN MTU is configured as default (1500) then reduce the MTU size to lower value, like 1432
  • For Windows 7 OS, firewall need be ON. However, please disable any third-party antivirus or similar application which can restrict the VPN connectivity.
  • QuickVPN software has a built-in log system with basic information so that anytime you want to perform troubleshooting, please refer to the log.txt that can be found in the QuickVPN folder; C:/Program Files/Cisco Small Business/QuickVPN/log.txt
  • In case any other VPN application is installed on that client PC then please disable those once and check the connectivity with QuickVPN

Note: Quick VPN is now an End-of-Life product, compatible with Windows 7 operating system (32-bit and 64-bit editions).