cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV320 and RV325 for 40 users

chatli001
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently upgraded my router from the WRV4400N to RV320. It is smooth and very fast compared to the old one.

I have another task to run a networking for a 3D graphic studio:

- 40 workstations, 

- 4 NASs

- 40 mobile devices for WIFI

- 20 rendering machines

So I wonder if the RV325 is good enough for handling the amount of traffic or we need to target something else?

Thanks for your help!

Chat

4 Replies 4

You might want to take a look at this review of the RV320, it covers maximum simultaneous connections as-well as max throughput.

Are you planning on using the RV320 for all roles e.g.:  DHCP, VPN's etc...?

Michiel Beenen
Level 3
Level 3

The RV320/325 should be easily able to handle the traffic you want :)
We have tested it with over 100 client computers and mobile devices connected and the Router had to do DHCP, DNS, VLAN, QOS and uPNP and so on. Throughput average 896Mb/s LAN > WAN, so this definitely should not be a problem.

Hi,

We have recently purchased Cisco RV320/325 and we have almost connected 120 systems. When all the devices are connected, we are not able to login and access the router, it keeps buffering. It works only the connected device count is less than 30. any other alternative configurations needs to be done ?

Kindly do the needful and please advice.

All 120 clients used RV as gateway ?
In my configuration gateway for cliets is L3 switch and RV used only as NAT device with traffic control, not as DHCP, DNS etc .
Have no problem with access to RV (RV340 model) login page