cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV320 Monitoring / Tracking Traffic (Uploads)

b.schmidt
Level 1
Level 1

Wondering if someone might be able to assist in determining the easiest / quickest method to "monitor" (track) who or what device on our small business network is uploading. 

Quick Background; Small business, approximately 15 Workstations with VOIP Phones connecting through a Cisco Network 24 Port Switch to a Cisco RV320 Router. 

Recently began having issues with very slow upload speeds on our network; contacted our ISP, they indicated our Fibre internet was functioning normally but our network was "using" close to 90mbs of data uploading. 

We'd like a quick, efficient method to determine what workstation or application is using the excessive bandwidth as wireshark type of apps can not "see" the traffic passing through the RV320. 

Appreciate any suggestions anyone might have.

Regards

Bucky

3 Replies 3

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, My name is Iliya Gatsev. I am a Cisco TAC Network Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

Let me check what can be done.

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco TAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

Bucky,

On RV320 there is no such option. The only thing which shows LAN traffic is under "Port Management" -> "Traffic Statistics", but the number of received and sent packets on every port will not give you the detailed information you are searching for.

I think you are looking for "Application Statistics". This feature is present on the RV 340/345 series.

The Application Statistics displays the usage data of the router. 

Top Applications by Category:

Category — List of application categories accessed.

Traffic Volume — Traffic volume in megabytes.

Top Applications by Name:

Applications — List of applications accessed.

Top Talkers:

Talkers — List of IP addresses accessed.

Top Talkers by Device Type:

Device — List of devices accessed.

Top Talkers by OS Type:

OS — List of operating systems used.

Please rate this post or marked as answered to help other Cisco customers.

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco TAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

Does the Cisco RV340/345 series router also provides the same information for download (from Internet) traffic also when using DHCP (and private IP addresses for the users in the network)?

Thanks in advance,

Regards'

Sanjeeva