cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Small Business RV345P port forwarding and firewall

MikeyD1973
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to do the following on an RV345P.

Allow access from external IP address x.x.x.x only on port 50443 which is NAT'd/port forwarded to port 443 on internal IP address 192.168.1.250

I can see how to do this in port forwarding but creating the rule opens traffic from any external IP address.  Do I need an access rule also?

Many thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks @Georg Pauwen 

I think the access would work but theres no way to change the port from 50443 to 443 in an access list

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

MikeyD1973
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks @bb - but that would allow access from any external IP address - I want to limit access to a specific IP address.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

the example to get information - Since most of the config done one GUI only on RV series models -

yes same way make a rule source  x.x.x.x (50443) to destination 192.168.1.250(443)

x.x.x.x is already routed to you from your provider ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi @bb 

I want to allow access from IP address x.x.x.x only (my work address) to y.y.y.y which is the external address of my RV345P, on port 50443 which is NAT'd/port forwarded to port 443 on internal IP address 192.168.1.250

Hello,

I think what you need is an access rule. The problem is that the RV345 is not a full IOS router, so I am not sure you can apply an access list in the traditional way to the outside (WAN) interface. Have a look at the example below. If the source is the IP address of your home router, and the destination either the IP address of your WAN interface, or 'any', this might work...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5491-configure-access-rules-on-an-rv34x-series-router.html 

Thanks @Georg Pauwen 

I think the access would work but theres no way to change the port from 50443 to 443 in an access list

Hello Mikey,

Unfortunately, you can't filter specific external public address with the RV340 access rule nor you can do port-forwarding with a specific external IP address.

Regards,

Martin

Hello,

I think it would work if you just block the outside port, that is what you are connecting to anyway. The access list does not need to know about the inside port, as this is just happening internally.

MikeyD1973
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks all - I'll have to stick with standard ports and restrict access to my work IP address using access rules instead of port forwarding.

SteveC67771
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I've got an RV260 and have set up what I think you are describing but I'm not sure if they run the same firmware though. This is how I'd set up your config on mine like this :-

Set up in Service Management

svc_50443 for port 50443

svc_00443 for port 443

Port Forwarding

External Service = svc_50443

Internal Service = svc_00443

Internal IP = 192.168.1.250

Interfaces = WAN

That config should allow you to come in from anywhere on the Internet via public.ip:50443 and it will pass through to 192.168.1.250:443 so you now need to set up the access rules otherwise it's open.

Access Rules

Allow / svc_00443 / WAN / [Your work IP] / VLAN1 / Any

Deny / All Traffic / WAN / ANY / VLAN1 / Any

On the RV260 there seems to be a significant issue if you think you add an ACL to limit it to certain public IP addresses. The Port Forwarding rule defaults to, and opens up, VLAN1 whereas the built in DENY ALL only blocks to VLAN.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/rv260-port-forwarding-overrides-access-rules/m-p/4307291

Many thanks @SteveC67771