Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SRP541W Inter-VLAN firewall

larsgrenz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Are there any dates know when firewalling between internal VLANs will be supported in SRP541W firmware? The current 1.2.5 release just provides very basic and poor settings related to the firewall rules.

Regards,

Lars

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning

Thanks for using our forum

Hi larsgrenz, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. I saw your post and found a document that colud help you, you can check at page 100 in firewall section

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unified_communications/srp540_series/administration/srp500_AG_2567701.pdf

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered. Please rate post you consider useful.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco network support engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

View solution in original post

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There are no plans to extend the functionality currently provided in release 1.2.5.

Regards,

Andy

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning

Thanks for using our forum

Hi larsgrenz, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. I saw your post and found a document that colud help you, you can check at page 100 in firewall section

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unified_communications/srp540_series/administration/srp500_AG_2567701.pdf

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered. Please rate post you consider useful.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco network support engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Johnnatan,

I have checked that pages you mentioned but internal VLANs can't be selected in the same firewall rule for source and destination interface.

Regards,

Lars

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There are no plans to extend the functionality currently provided in release 1.2.5.

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks a lot. It's a pity that firewall rules can't be configured between internal VLANs. Without this feature the SRP541W router is of no use to me. I hope the development team will change their minds since the SRP500 platform is having a great potential.

Regards,

Lars