cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect through RV180W to VPN provider in the US from China?

mattvatl
Level 1
Level 1

I live in China.  I want all of my PC's and devices to connect through the RV180W VPN Router to a VPN provider in the US so that all of my traffic is encrypted and appears to have a US IP address.

I need to find a VPN Service Provider that supports the RV180W and how to configure it.

I don't want to configure every PC and device, I just want them to use the VPN conneciton at the router.

Can anyone help?

3 Replies 3

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please keep to one topic.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3944704#3944704

To answer the question, I do not believe the router can support a full tunnel VPN. This would require a gateway to gateway or point to point connection to the US which this router model supports split tunnel.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Split tunnel should be ok. Just need to figure out how to get the initial set up to be successful.

According to the administration guide, it appears gateway to gateway is a feature of this device?

Site-to-Site Access with Gateway-to-Gateway VPN

A gateway-to-gateway VPN connects two or more routers using an IPsec policy to

secure traffic between two sites. Use this type of VPN if you need to connect the

Use the Basic VPN Setup page to create a VPN. Choose Gateway as the peer type, and enter the following:

network at a branch office to the network at your main office, for example.

Hi, im not an expert, but i did just exactly what you need.

I have 2 routers, my isp fiber modem (bridge mode) attached to my rv180 wan, then, attach to any lan port a dlink dir 827 configured with wan pptp. This config works like charm for me. i have 2 wireless networks one from US IP and the other my ISP ip.

You cant do it with just one router, at least no with this one.

The vpn provider that i use is stongvpn.

I hope this was helpful for you.