cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

constant warning logs of "SIOCDEVPRIVATE" on RV180

TMHomerNet001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I have a cisco rv180 that been working fine for a couple years but as of a few months ago it constantly gernerates a warning log mesage of "[KERNEL] [3629063.240000] cmd 35313 is not SIOCDEVPRIVATE(35312)". I can't find any info on this log message other than it seems to be some linux Kernal bug. Other than some CPU spikes on the router it doesnt really seem to affect the performance of the router, functionality seems to be ok. However it is constantly generating these messages and filling up my log servers. My fear is that this is some kind of warning that the router it going to fail.

Anyone else get this message and know what it is? What can i do?

Thx.

TM

4 Replies 4

TMHomerNet001
Level 1
Level 1

bump. Anyone? no one else seeing this on their RV180 logs? Can any Cisco folks chime in?

chrcoope
Level 1
Level 1

TM,

Please email me your device serial number, configuration backup, topology diagram and log files so that I may create a case for you.  We will have to escalate this to the development team in order to get an answer. 

We know the problem revolves around this SIOCDEVPRIVATE variable, but what is causing it is another matter.

Thank you,

Christopher

I have seen this one other time before and it had to do with SNMP being enabled. Are you using SNMP by chance?

Hi

I have the same Warning (cmd 35313 is not SIOCDEVPRIVATE(35312)) on my RV180 and I had the snmp V1/V2 Enable, what can I do?

Thanks for your help.

PS : The router crash often enough.

Firmware: 

Version du firmware1.0.3.10
Somme de contrôle MD5 du firmware3aebba7a1a69524b5801d4ac6b1d76db
PID VIDRV180 V01
Numéro de sérieSER1740014W