cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DIAG LED is Always ON, Can't Access the the router. Please Give solutions

Umakant
Level 1
Level 1

I have purchased the new router RV042 but whe i started this DIAG LED is Always ON, Can't Access the the router. Please Give solutions

8 Replies 8

romcewan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

When the diag light is always on (I guess red color) you need to do a hard reset to the router, please follo these steps:

1. With the router connected to the power cord (only power cord no Ethernet cable), clic the reset button for 30 seconds.

2. After those 30 sec, remove the power cord from the router for another 30 sec, very important keep pressing the reset button always.

3. after that min plug back in the power cord to the router for another 30 sec, ALWAYS holding the reset button.

4. after that minute and a half realease the reset button wait for 1 min and do a power cycle, (unplug the power cord form the router for 5 seconds without presing the reset button and plug back in)

Hope this can help 

Thank you

After completing reset, still got diag blinking... I replaced power supply and it worked. thx

Hi Dror ,

Thank you so much. Same issue with me(RV042) - using old power adapter System (green) Diag (yellow ) lights were on, other lights were mildly blinking. Multiple router reset failed ( I should have not done it , should have tried changing adapter first ). Was about to discard the router. 

Never imagined it would be power issue as System lights were always on ! 

Then i tried  another  adapter (for test) ! It worked !!! Will be buying a new power adapter soon !

Thanks a tonn !

Regards, 

rdawson
Level 1
Level 1

I had this same problem. I purchased a new identical unit and it had the same problem. I had reused the power supply and when I tried the new power supply the old unit booted right up. So if you have this problem, before replacing see if you can find a different power supply to try - 12V at 1A. Luckily the vendor took the new unit back.

I've the same problem! Help Please

I highly recommend checking the power supply by trying a different one before replacing the unit.

Was going nuts trying to figure out why my RV320 router suddenly was inaccessible...lo and behold, bad power supply.  Since the unit was powering on and lights were lighting up, I never would have thought to try a different power supply until reading your post, but after swapping it out it's working fine again -thanks!  

following reset instruction and a new power supply resolved the diag issue. thanks