Views
Helpful
Replies

DNS not responding

LarsVanCasteren
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

I have a strange problem with RV325 (v1.3.2.02). From time to time the DNS & DHCP server no longer responds. 

No ip shortage, it just does not respond anymore. Even the management http console can no longer be reached. 

We can still however ping the internet (8.8.8.8) but with 300ms latency whereas a normal latency would be <30ms. 

We're forced to either reboot the unit OR plug out all the LAN connections and plug them in again. 

When we do that everything immediately comes back, dns works, dhcp works. No need to reboot. 

Anyone got any idea? 

I'm planning on monitoring through the mirror port when it happens again but for what exactly should I be looking?

Thanks for any help!

3 Replies 3

Anyone else have this issue?  I have the same problem on a RV340W.  It is likely (hopefully) a configuration problem, but a problem nonetheless.  Any help anyone can provide would be very appreciated.

Mike

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Can you check your CPU, Memory uses? Is there any debug is running? try to upgrade the IOS.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

try to upgrade the IOS.

There no IOS. RV34X is GUI only routers. If GUI didnt response, u cant check anything.