Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplication a router

I am trying to duplicate a 2821 production router to a spare 2821 router in case of a failure of the production router. The production router has a security certificate installed and I would think that it needs to be duplicated as well. I have been unable to find a procedure that will "image" the production system to the spare. Could someone provide a link or steps that would help me get this accomplished? Thank you very much.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure the procedure is the same - as working one failed, cisco send you RMA unit for replacement, so you have back config, you restore with RMA unit. (by keeping the same IOS version on the new unit).

steps :

take the config backup old one out of the box.

the new kit has the same IOS version and same config test any errors (this is offline) hope all the config should accept as expected since it has the same specification as the Live one.

The only concern you mentioned here "security certificate installed"  what kind of certificate is this?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

BB,

The certificate on the production router is an IOS self signed certificate. As of Jan 1, 2020, that is no longer an option, so I am not having much success creating a complete "image" of the production router to transfer to the backup. It may have something to do with the keys, but I'm not sure.